JCCS Presents -
STREET NEO CLASSICS – 80’s & 90’s Show – Volume 2
Photo Gallery of Neo Classics in 2015
Show-cars Rules and Conditions
Date: Sunday Oct.23, 2016
Time: 10am to 3pm
Place: TOYOTA Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc – Headquarters in Torrance, CA
GPS Address: 2200 Toyota Way, Torrance, CA (view value map below)
NO PETS of any kinds – this is a corporate parking lot.
NO AT GATE REGISTRATION. No SWAPMEETS of any kind.
Show-car Registration: Closed.
(1999 introduced models are considered as 2K’s. please contact for model cut-off related questions.)
Neo Classics Vol.2 – Special Invited Model of 2K’s – Honda S2000.
60’s and 70’s Kyu-sha is also welcome for the special old school section!
CAR CLUB / GROUP PARKING is again happening. More info please read the rule page.
Promote your business at Street Neo Classics?
Vendor Space Inquiry : Closed
NO DAY-OF SHOW REGISTRATION AT GATE.
PUBLIC OPEN 10-3PM ONLY. (SPECTATOR PARKING ACCESS ONLY OPEN AT 10AM)
PLEASE RESPECT THE VENDORS AND SHOW-CAR ROLL-IN TIME
REGISTERED OWNERS ROLL-IN INFO WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL.
2016 SHOW-CAR REGISTRATION
Cars: EVERY MODELS made in 1986 to 1999 Japanese manufactured models.
Also “Old School Section” welcomes any earlier models. 60s-70s and 80s.
“Grandfathered models (OK)” are including:
- Nissan 300ZX – (Both Z31 and Z32 models 1985)
- Toyota Corolla AE86 – (manufactured in 1984, 1985, 1986)
- Mitsubishi Starion – (1982 to 1989)
- Mazda RX-7 (1991 to 2001)
- Any other models you need to know if they are eligible, please contact us.
- For limited space only: 60s’ to 1985 models are welcome.
- Special invited Model of 20K is HONDA S2000 this year.
80s/90s Show FAQ:
- Where is the location? Is it on grass? – It is inside of the TOYOTA USA Headquarters, and it is a parking lot.
- Do I need to submit photos of my car? – No you don’t need to.
- My car is a 2001 RX-7. Can I register? – Yes, your model is the last model of RX-7 which was started 1991 so that is eligible.
- My car needs to be towed. What can I do? – please contact JCCS to arrange your loading time. Just don’t please show up all of sudden…
- Any food will be available? – Yes, there will be several food truck serving your lunch.
- Can I sell things and spread samples? NO, only vendors are allowed to promote any business.
- My car is 1999 Honda S2000. Can I register? Yes, in this year 2016, the S2000 (1999 started) is a special invited models.
SPEED HUNTERS: http://www.speedhunters.com
THE BACK GROUND
Back in the 1980s, Japanese cars really came into their own: instead of being cheap-and-cheerful econoboxes, they were able to go toe-to-toe with the world’s finest cars at that time, on their own merits and with no apologies. More drivers investigated cars from Japan, and were won over by the sharp performance, the high level of specification, the modern style, the technical excellence, the lush comfort and the utter reliability that these cars provided.
This was the dawn of little Japanese muscles having the guts and temerity to, sometimes, beat the V8 power of tradition American muscle cars and pony cars. This was when magazines like Sport Compact Car and Super Street burst onto the scene, showing a new generation of speed freaks what was possible.
Today, many of these cars are still too new to be considered “classic”–they still live on the streets, and are driven regularly, with great pride, by their owners. They have not yet been relegated to weekend-only status. They are original or restored, stock or custom, full-race or street-cool. What hot rods were to the 1950s, what muscle cars were to the 1970s and early ‘80s, these cars are to our modern era. We call this in-between generation of cars, from 1986-1999, that splits the difference between used car and full-on classic, Neo-Classic. Like the cars themselves, the spirit of Japanese-car love will not die. We invite you to celebrate this up-and-coming genre of car with us!
Please join us on Sunday, October 23, 2016, at the Toyota USA Headquarters in Torrance, California,
for the 2nd annual Street Neo-Classic Car Show! More info read this page above.